Monday, January 16, 2012

Long Over Due Family Gathering

I come from a very small family.  Growing up it was just my mother, brother and I.  My father died when I was 7 years old.  I have an aunt Judee who has been like a 2nd mother to me.  I have uncle Nate & Phyllis and their 2 daughters Jennie & Laurie.  Jennie is married to Ron and they have two kids, Summer & Adam.  Laurie is married to Bud and they have two kids, Desi & Jaela.  My brother David had came for a visit this weekend.  He lives in Sacremento, California. 


Well I decided we needed a family get together while he was here so I planned a dinner at my house.  They all were able to make it but Laurie and her family.  We had not all been together in over 5 or 6 years so it was a very long over due gathering.  I can not tell you how wonderful it was to have us all under the same roof.  I have missed them all so much. 


It is times like this that really make you appreciate your family be it big or small. We had a wonderful dinner and then shared some pictures, stories and even some musical talents. It was a fun evening for all of us.  I sure hope it does not take another 6 years to get us all together again.  So to my small but every so precious family I love you! Thank you for being part of life. 




No comments: