Sunday, April 29, 2012

Another Great Year of Women's Conference

I have now been going to BYU Women's Conference for 13 years. It really is my favorite time of the year.  I look so forward to it each year. I have been going so long that I don't know how not to go. This year I went with a great group of ladies: Maci Bamrick, Barbara Hubble, Christine McLaws & Elise Martinez.


We flew out on an early flight Wednesday morning the 25th of April. Maci was so kind to give us all buddy passes. When arrived in SLC and got our rental car. We headed towards Provo but of course had to stop for lunch at our favorite Zupas Cafe. We were all so excited to eat lunch there. We then made it the rest of the way down to Provo. We hit the BYU Bookstore first and did all our shopping. I get chills every time I walk on BYU campus. I sure hope that never changes. I just love that place.  

We then went and checked into our hotel at the Springhill Marriott.  We relaxed for a while and then made our way to dinner.  We went to Toucano's Brazilian Grill there in Provo. We had the most delicious dinner ever.  We had to practically roll ourselves out of there we were so full.


We then went and visited a friend of Maci & Barb's who's son that was in the MTC that was having a heart procedure. We had a nice visit with Suzanne.


Thursday was the first day of the conference. We were up bright and early. We got to the Marriott center and secured our seats. The theme of the conference this year was, “And They Were Armed with Righteousness and with the Power of God in Great Glory”. Women’s Conference begins and ends each day with general sessions in the Marriott Center. Between the two general sessions each day on Thursday and Friday the classes expand across campus where you are able to choose from 16 classes each hour during three hours of concurrent sessions, or just stay in the Marriott Center where there’s plenty of room. That is what I usually do. The best classes always seem to be in the Marriott Center.




The first day was awesome.  All the classes were just what I needed.  I loved them.  After the conference was over on Thursday we headed to Brick Oven for dinner.  My very favorite restaurant in Provo.  After dinner we went to the Women's Conference Concert called "We Are the Legacy Concert" It featured: Hilary Weeks, Jenny Oaks Baker, Dallyn Vail Bayles, Alex Boyé, Mercy River, and Michael McLean.  It was probably one of my favorite concerts of all time.  It was the ending to a perfect day.

On Friday we once again got up early and headed up to the Marriott Center.  We had to check out of our hotel because we flew home that evening after the conference was over.  It was another day of wonderful classes.  Every talk just seemed to have something I needed.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Elder Neal L. Andersen was the concluding General Authority speaker.  He was awesome.  

It is always sad to see the conference end but it just gets me that much more excited for the next year.  After the conference ended we headed to the car and made our way to SLC.  We did have time once again to stop at our favorite restaurant on our way up.  This time I called my dear friend Michelle Fonda who lives real close to Zupas Cafe and she came over and met us. Michelle was one of my favorite college roommates. We had a short but very sweet visit while we ate.



We then made our way to the airport and ended another wonderful BYU Women's Conference adventure.  We saw many friends at the airport. How I love women's conference.  I can't wait for next year!









No comments: