Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Splendid Spencer & Me Day!

I just couldn't go to bed tonight until I jotted a quick post about my day today. Both Spencer and I had doctor appointments in Scottsdale today. I picked him up from school and we headed to Scottsdale. We ate Subway on the way. Spencer's doctor visit was first with the ENT. Spencer was given the news that he needs a Septal Deviation Septoplasty, Sub Mucous Resection Turbinates and he needs to have his Maxillary Sinuses Opened. It sounds much more complicated then it really is. Spencer has had sinus issues for years so we are hoping this is the fix-all for them. This procedure will be done sometime in April. I had it done in December and it was a piece of cake, well sorta.

From the ENT we had time to waste so we decided to go shopping at Scottsdale Fashion Square.  Spencer thought he died and went to heaven as we were driving through the parking lot. His eyes kept popping out at all the awesome cars he saw. Spencer loves nice cars and knows all the ins and outs of them.  He continued to name each and every sweet car and tell me why it was so great. We went to his favorite store which is Pac Sun and got him a few t-shirts and then found a few other things at another store. It was a good shopping day for Spencer. He got some very needed clothes. He keeps growing out of the ones he has.

Still needing to waste time we decided we needed a treat. What better than an ice cream cone from the famous Sugar Bowl in downtown Scottsdale. What a fun little ice cream shop. Reminds me of the 1950's little ice cream shops I saw on Happy Days. We both enjoyed a scoop of ice cream and then headed to my doctor's appointment around the corner.


My appointment was quick and then we were on our way back home.  It was a really fun afternoon with Spencer. He will be graduating this May so it made me think that my times with him are going to soon be coming to an end when he leaves for college this fall. Then after his year at college he will be off on his mission. I sure hope I can get a few more of these kind of days with him before he leaves. I love spending time with my kids.  Sometimes it is nice to just spent time with them one on one. Today was that day with Spencer and me. To top off a great day I saw a post that Spencer put on Facebook and thought to myself, "I think Spencer enjoyed the afternoon too!"


Amidst all the political turmoil, I firmly believe that a vote for moms is still the best way to secure a better future! I'm Spencer Tippetts and I approve this message! — with Tonya Thieme Tippetts.



Here are few senior pictures of Spencer!


Such a handsome young man if I say so myself! But then I am his Mother. For that I am so grateful!! And yes, I too approve this message!





No comments: