Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A Trip to the Elite 8 Game

Many of you know my son Cameron is a huge basketball fan. He eats, drinks and sleeps basketball. Well we heard that one of the NCAA Elite 8 games was going to be right here at our very own US Airways Center. The two teams were Louisville -vs- Florida. Ike and I surprised Cameron and got 4 tickets to the game and told him he could invite a friend.

The game was on Saturday March 24th. They were not the greatest seats but after the first quarter we moved to some better ones and had a great time watching the game. Florida was ahead the whole game.  Sometimes by 10 points. It was not looking good for Louisville. I turned to the boys and I said the under dog of the game seems to always come back at the very end and win the game.  

Sure enough that was the case. In the last 50 seconds of the game Louisville pulled ahead and kept their lead the remaining seconds of the game. The score was 72-68.  It was so exciting. Did I mention we were hoping Louisville would win?  Well they did and it was such a fun and exciting game. I am so glad we took Cameron and Nick. They had a blast! We all had a great time!









No comments: